Let It Ride is a casino table game that combines elements of poker with the simplicity and excitement of other popular casino games. It was introduced in the early 1990s by Shuffle Master, a company specializing in casino gaming equipment. The game has since become a popular choice for casino-goers seeking a break from more traditional table games like blackjack and roulette. This article will provide an overview of Let It Ride, including its rules, strategies, and tips for enjoying the game.
The Basics of Let It Ride
Let It Ride is played on a semi-circular table with a layout similar to that of blackjack, accommodating up to seven players. The game uses a standard 52-card deck and features a series of betting spots where players can place their bets.
The objective of Let It Ride is to create the best possible five-card poker hand using three of the player’s cards and two community cards. Unlike traditional poker, players in Let It Ride are not competing against each other or the dealer. Instead, they are trying to achieve a specific hand ranking to receive a payout.
Playing Let It Ride
To begin a round of Let It Ride, each player places three equal bets on the table, usually labeled “1,” “2,” and “$.” The dealer then deals three cards to each player and places two community cards face down on the table.
After examining their three-card hand, players have the option to “let it ride” or “pull” their first bet (labeled “1”). The dealer then reveals one of the community cards, and players have the same option for their second bet (labeled “2”). The final community card is then revealed, and players’ hands are evaluated.
Hand Rankings and Payouts
Let It Ride uses standard poker hand rankings, with the highest-ranking hand being a royal flush and the lowest being a high card. Payouts are based on the final five-card hand, and a minimum hand of a pair of tens or better is required to receive a payout. The payout structure for Let It Ride is as follows:
- Royal flush: 1,000 to 1
- Straight flush: 200 to 1
- Four of a kind: 50 to 1
- Full house: 11 to 1
- Flush: 8 to 1
- Straight: 5 to 1
- Three of a kind: 3 to 1
- Two pair: 2 to 1
- Pair of tens or better: 1 to 1
Let It Ride Strategies
While Let It Ride is largely a game of chance, there are some basic strategies players can use to improve their odds:
- Only let your first bet ride if your hand contains a pair of tens or better, three cards to a royal flush, or three consecutive cards to a straight flush.
- Only let your second bet ride if your four-card hand contains a pair of tens or better, four cards to a royal flush, or four consecutive cards to a straight flush.
- Always pull your bets if your hand does not meet the criteria mentioned above.
Let It Ride offers a unique and engaging alternative to traditional casino table games. Its easy-to-learn rules and relaxed pace make it an ideal choice for players seeking a fun and social gaming experience. By following basic strategies and understanding the game’s payout structure, players can increase their chances of success and enjoy the thrill of Let It Ride.
Rules of Free Let it Ride Game
This is the standard “Let It Ride” poker casino game. Each game is played with a new deck.
- The player begins by placing three equal bets and optionally a $1 side bet.
- After placing the bets, the player is given three cards and the dealer is given two cards face down.
- The player then has the choice to withdraw one of his bets based on his guess whether his cards combined with the dealer’s two cards will form a winning hand.
- After pulling a bet or “letting it ride”, one of the dealer’s cards is turned face up.
- The player now has another chance to pull a bet before the final card is shown.
- When both cards are shown, the player is payed according to the pay table. In case of a winning hand, he is payed for all remaining bets. If the hand is lost, all remaining bets are lost.
- The side bet is payed according to a separate pay table.
- The combined win for all bets, including the side bet, is limited to $50,000
How the game is played
- Choose a chip by clicking on it, and then place a bet by clicking on the bet area on the table.
- You may also place a side bet by clicking on it.
- When the bet is placed, click on “DEAL” to start the game.
- You will see your three cards and have the choice to “PULL” or “LET IT RIDE”.
- After clicking on one of the buttons, the first of the dealer’s cards will be turned.
- Now “PULL” or “LET IT RIDE” again.
- The last card will be turned and any winnings will be given to the player.